Monday, May 16, 2011

Alternate Version of 12 (A Novel) cover

Copyright © 2010 of James A. Pettis, III

Hey!! Guys more stuff about 12 (A Novel) is on the way! I know I've been slacking... but that's because I have more book ideas to share with my followers. Rose (A Novel) is one of them, and the other is the WING Blade (Book Series). Anyway, I have been coming up with new cover art ideas for 12 and I will be posting it on this blog for your viewing. Here are the versions I have so far:

Original Version:

Copyright © 2010 of James A. Pettis, III

Simple but bold I like to call it. I used a simple black backdrop and used the Helvetica Neue LT Std font in red to make it pop. But, I felt it was too simple... so I came up with others.


First Alternate cover:

Copyright © 2011 of James A. Pettis, III

Love this one! It's extremely bold, but not crazy. I used a font to create the cross illusion, coloring it with different shades of red. And I used a very bold font, Wide Latin, to make the words stand out from the cross and the black backdrop. My inspiration for this was like a bible with a large cross on the front, I just spruced it up a bit *smiles*.


Tell me what you think about these because more alternate covers on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment